Big Changes for Justin

Hi everyone, sorry for the long radio silence and sorry I have not gotten to a lot of your comments. There has been a lot going on at EpikOne and with me professionally.

After five great years at EpikOne I’ve decided to move on and seek new challenges. I haven’t shared this news with a lot of people until now. Let me try to answer what I think will be the most asked questions :)

Why are you leaving?

Every year I take stock of where I am professionally and what I have planned for the next year or 18 months. At the end of 2009 I decided that I needed a new challenge. If I’m not challenged at work I get bored pretty fast. I decided to start looking and was pleased to find that there is a lot of opportunity in the web analytics industry :)

What are you going to do next? Are you going to keep doing web analytics?

I am absolutely going to keep doing web analytics! I love this field. I love the people and I love the close knit community. I’m currently looking for a job and hope to have something lined up in coming weeks.

Are you going to keep working with Google Analytics?

HELL YES. I still think that Google has a lot of gas left in the tank and will continue to revolutionize the web analytics industry. I’m going to continue to do GA Seminars for Success and am working on a new GA book with some friends. I’m even going to update my first book GA Shortcut (seriously!). I am absolutely going to remain a GA Fanboy.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to work with other tools. I’ve been playing with CoreMetrics and a few other and hope to use more tools in my next role.

Why don’t you start your own company?

I thought about this a lot. But I don’t want all the crap of running a company. I want to focus on doing web analytics, not sending invoices, tracking down payment, etc.

What will happen to Analytics Talk?

You’ve probably noticed that Analytics Talk has been moved to my personal domain. I’ll continue to blog, hopefully more often! I’m also going to clean out the backlog of comments and slap a new design on the blog.

So there you have it. If you’re trying to connect with me you you can always email me via the blog or feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter.

I want to say thank you to everyone that I’ve worked with at EpikOne. It was incredible to see you all grow and develop new skills during our time together. I’ll miss working with you all.

And a big thank you to all of the clients that I’ve worked with over the years. Thanks for pushing me to learn and grow.

Here’s to the unknown and new challenges!

Comments

Justin,

Congrats on your decision and on behalf of all of us at Web Analytics Demystified I wish you all the best. If there is anything we can do to help during your transition please don’t hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,

Eric

P.S. Jodi I heard about your news as well — awesome move! I can’t wait to read more about the new opportunity ;-)

Hi Justin,

Wishing you and Epikone the very best on the road ahead. I’m sure our paths will cross again and looking forward to the new book.

Jeff

3. Justin says

@Jodi: Thanks so much, I appreciate. And good lick with your move as well! I _swear_ I will be at an OMMA event this year!

@Eric:I appreciate the offer for help and can’t believe you have some free time to tackle more work ;)

@Michael: Thanks Mike, hoping we can catch up soon.

@Jeff: Appreciate it and I agree, our paths will definitely cross again.

Hey Justin – Glad to hear you’re making a change. “Job Analytics” are the most crucial part of a happy life! What were some of your key metrics? ;-) Congratulations on reaching the conclusion you’ve arrived at. It all gets easier now you’ve made a decision. Hope you have some great opportunities lined up but if not let me know and maybe we can work together as a stop gap solution.

Adam

Good luck Justin. Will you still be a part of the GAAC network? If not, you’ll be sorely missed.

BTW, I hear Coremetrics is a great product…

Best regards, Brian

Hi Justin,

All the best in your new projects. For sure many organizations will be more than glad to offer you the challenging and rewarding environment you are looking for

In the mean time if I can be of any help, even giving you feedback on your new book, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Also let me know if you are coming to Toronto and we can grab some drinks.

Cheers,

Jose

7. Justin says

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the well wishes. This is why I’m staying in web analytics, everyone is just so friendly!

@Brian: CoreMetrics, thanks for the tip ;)

8. Bhagawat says

Hi Justin,

I am totally agree with you answers due to which you have taken a decision.

All the best.

We are looking for new face of Justin in a good way.

Thanks,
      Bhagawat.

Hey Justin,

I think you and Dave were the first guys I’ve met when I came over to the US in August 2005. Since then we met on an almost yearly basis in Mountain View at the Google Summit and I really appreciated every discussion that I had with you.

Wishing you all the best!

The Kraut,
      Holger

P.S.
      Hopefully we’ll meet again at this year’s Google Summit?

Hi Justin,

Good luck with all you are doing.

I have some questions about tracking across multiple domains and hope you can help. The site is http://www.SleekFly.com and you’ll see all of the associated sites. I’ve tried to methods with multiple tracking IDs, but the results have bad.

Thanks,