Learn the best way to configure Google Analytics for ecommerce sites. This list of posts outlines how to create a tracking plan, implement the code, and then analyze the performance. Something missing? Drop me a note and I’ll add it to the editorial queue :)
Getting Setup Right
- Creating an Ecommerce Tracking Plan for Google Analytics – Get started the right way, by creating a good tracking plan for your website.
- Google Analytics E-Commerce Tracking Pt. 2: Installation & Setup – Learn everything about installing the ecommerce tracking code on your site.
- Google Analytics E-Commerce Tracking Pt. 1: How It Works – Before you jump in, learn how Google Analytics ecommerce tracking works. Understanding the platform makes implementation a lot easier.
- 5 Google Analytics Custom Variables for Ecommerce – Once you’ve got the basics down, extend your implementation to track custom data.
- Tracking Internal Campaigns with Google Analytics – There is no feature in Google Analytics to track internal campaigns. Use this hack to measure how on-site promotions help increase sales.
- Save Your Ass With Google Analytics Data Alerts – Once you’ve got your implementation all set up, automatically monitor your data with Custom Alerts.
Reporting & Analysis
- Building a Mobile Ecommerce Dashboard in Google Analytics – Do you sell products on your mobile site? Use this dashboard to monitor the performance.
- Cohort Analysis with Google Analytics – Cohort analysis has been a favorite of analysts for years. Learn how to do it with Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnels – Multi-channel analysis, the pinacle of measurement. Use these reports to understand how different marketing channels drive and assist conversions and sales.