I’ve updated my post about setting up Google Analytics On Site Search Reporting. Since its launch I’ve learned a few new things and wanted to pass on the information.
For example, you can’t use filters to change the data in the reports. That’s a HUGE problem because we have no easy way to manipulate the data in the reports. Also, if you configure on site search to strip the on site search query string parameter you could artificially inflate pageviews for some pages. Now that’s trouble! You can read the complete post here:
GA On Site Search Pt. 1: Overview & Setup
If there’s anything I missed, or if you have any questions, please leave a comment.
Leave a Reply